First, I want to thank all of you who have so faithfully cared for, prayed for, encouraged, and served our family as we have walked through hell over the past three years! We could not have done it without you!!!
Second, I want to answer the question, “How are you Pastor Clark?” With 100% candor and honesty I can say that I, and we (my family), are okay. We are emotionally worn out from the past few years and are intentionally focusing on staying filled-up spiritually, emotionally and physically. There is no doubt in our minds that God has allowed, not caused, this season in our lives to help us in our effectiveness in ministering to others and proclaiming the Gospel. God is a good, good God!
Third, I want to answer another frequently asked question, “What can we expect as you return?”
- You can expect for us to passionately pursue the presence of God in everything we do! We are nothing without God’s presence! With that in mind, we will tweak many of our environments to allow for more intentionality in giving you time to connect with God, versus just consuming what is put in front of you.
- You can expect us to passionately pursue our future! God has called us to see cities transformed, one life at a time. We have been overwhelmingly blessed with our history! And for that, we give all glory to God! We are equally expectant of our future, so we will find the balance of aggressive pursuit of our future, while keeping healthy lines of margin in all areas of our personal lives and the life of our church.
- You can expect for us to passionately pursue healthy relationships! All blessings flow through relationship. With that in mind, we want everyone to grow in our relationships with God and others! For healthy relationships to happen, we have to figure out how to be healthy emotionally. We want to help you grow into your God-given potential and dreams, not allowing hurts or things of the past to hold you back.
- You can expect us to passionately try to make you the best pastored people on planet earth! That doesn’t mean that we’ll always succeed, but that is our heart! Simply put, our heart is for God and you. We are honored that you haven chosen to be part of the Journey family!
- You can expect us to passionately pursue how to live an e3:20 life and will help you do the same! God is for you! Your future is great, so we want to help you discover it and live it out! All of us doing that is the greatest witness we can ever have.
As I step back into teaching this weekend, I celebrate that God has allowed me to be a part of such a committed, generous, loving church! You are a family, and a good one! While there are always things we can work on, there are far more things to celebrate. Because of your commitment, we are in the middle of a great move of God! That cannot happen without consistent commitment from the thousands of people who make Journey their home! I am so proud of you! I look forward to the great years we have ahead of us!