So what is the party in your head?
Last week while working out I heard this song and thought, “what a great description of my life right now!” But, the more I thought about it, it’s actually an accurate statement for all of us. So, don’t feel left out – there is a party in your head!!!
The question is, who is your party host?
The Apostle Paul talks about it in Romans 8: 5-6
For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace…
Over the past days, since publically sharing about the party in my head, one of the most asked questions is – how are you walking through this with such peace and confidence? The answer is simple: I’ve made a choice about who is going to host the party in my head. I’ve chosen to set my mind on the things of the Spirit and not on the things of the flesh. When we do this, it breeds life and peace!
Here are some simple things I’m doing on a daily basis:
- I do not skip my daily Bible reading. I need it!!! When I read, pray and worship, I am inviting God to be the host of the party.
- I am spending time with a few of my mentors and closest friends that add life to me! You and I don’t need a bunch of worried, anxious, negative, life-sucking people in our lives!
- I am having fun with my family and understand that Robin and each of our kids are processing this situation in their own way. My responsibility is to love them where they are, which means sometimes we laugh and sometimes we cry, but at all times we trust what God is doing!
- I am leading out of margin. The Lord has blessed us with a tremendous team that has the capability to lead.This allows me to lead in the things that only I can lead in during this season! It is an honor to serve in such a healthy culture.
- I am working out diligently! There are things going on with my body that are beyond my control, but the things I can control, I will be faithful in. I believe that working out is actually an act of faith, letting God know that as He heals my body, I will be a good steward of it!
We all have a party going on in our head. We all have challenges. Who is going to host the party in your head?